Deadline: 15 January 2013
Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA) competition will be open for new submission in December 2012. SIMA is inviting all filmmakers, journalists, TV producers, activists and non-profit organizations to take a part and to entry the competition for Social Impact Media Awards 2013. The regular deadline for submitting the videos is 15th of January 2013 while the late deadline is 15th of February 2013.
SIMA is looking for original, wise, brave and creative productions that will increase the awareness of viewers to global injustices, to the resilience of humans facing depravation, to the politics of international aid, and to efforts and agents of change in developing nations.
NGOs, foundations, local grassroots organizations, and community activists from all over the world are invited to submit their videos and compete for recognition of the process behind their development work. Videos capturing effective development approaches and how-to stories can be between 3 – 15 min long.
To submit the video, please click here.
SIMA is especially interested in:
- Everyday stories of individuals or groups living in developing countries
- Campaigning films geared to raising awareness and calls to action
- Issues relating to UN Millennium Development Goals
- Transparency and Sustainability in the humanitarian/ human rights/ global development sector
- Examples of help brought by individuals, local heroes, donors, international organizations, governmental agencies and NGOs – both positive and those who have not been successful
For more information on SIMA 2013, please click here.
SIMA is an international documentary and educational media competition honouring members in the independent film and global humanitarian industry. Our objective is to champion and promote the stories of independent filmmakers, journalists, aid organizations and grassroots change-makers that too often remain overlooked, and to provide a springboard for creative media that exemplifies excellence in its potential to inspire change.